Distinguished Professor-at-Large, The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Honorary Professor, Zhejiang University.
William Casper Graustein Professor, Harvard University.
Professor of Mathematics, Harvard University.
Research Interests : Differential geometry, differential equations and Mathematics Physics. Professor Shing-Tung Yau made contributions in differential equations, also to the Calabi conjecture in algebraic geometry, to the positive mass conjecture of general relativity theory, and to real and complex Monge-Ampère equations.
Awards and Honors : 2003 : Foreign Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
1997 : National Medal of Science, U.S.A.
1994 : Crafoord Prize of the Royal Swedish Academy
1985 : MacArthur Fellow
1982 : Fields Medal
1981 : Carty Prize of the National Academy
1981 : Veblen Prize
1979 : California Scientist of the year
1999 - present : Honorary Professor, University of Science and Technology of China.
1998 - present : Honorary Professor, Beijing University.
1995 : Foreign member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
1993 - present : Honorary Professor, Nankai University
1993 : Member of National Academy of Science (U.S.A.)
1987 - present : Honorary Professor, Tsinghua University (Beijing)
1987 - present : Honorary Professor, Hangzhou University
1984 : Academician of Academic Sinica, ROC.
1984 : Science Digest, Americia’s 100 brightest scientists under 40.
1983 : Honorary Professor, Chinese Academy of Sciences (C.A.S)
1983 - present : Honorary Professor, Fudan University.
1982 : Member of American Academy of Arts and Sciences (United States).
1982 : Guggenheim Fellowship
1980 - present : Honorary Member of Academic Committee, Institute of Mathematics, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
1975 - 1976 : Sloan Fellow
* Member of New York Academy of Science,
* Member of the Academy of Arts and Sciences (Boston),
* Member of the American Physical Society,
* Member of the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics,
* Member American Academy of Arts and Sciences,
* Member National Academy of Sciences,
* Fellow American of the Association for the Advancement of Science,
* Foreign Member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
* Foreign Academician of the Academia Sinica.